Portfolio Update Week Ending 12th June, 2015
Overall another pretty quiet week all around by my portfolio’s usual standards. I know a lot of you would balk at the level of volatility in my portfolio, but given the highly speculative nature of most of my investments, it’s something I’ve become very used to.
I purchased another small parcel of AZK and sold a little bit of AJX. Other than that, no other purchases or sales to report.
Seems that most of my stocks are now entering consolidation phases after recent strong runs. Thats fine by me as a decent period of consolidation provides a key foundation for the next move up (I hope). It also provides a nice technical platform for which I can set my stop losses, should a stock end up breaking down following a period of consolidation (or should I say distribution).
I don’t have time to write a detailed review this week, however I did want to post one interesting comparison I’ve made during the week between two of my stocks, AZK and LWP. It seems to me like LWP is exhibiting very similar behavior to that which AZK displayed. I’ve split both charts in six different phases:
- An initial run which followed a long period of consolidation/basing. Acted as the precursor to the “main event”.
- A brief period of consolidation following the initial small run. Both formed a nice pennant (continuation) pattern during this time.
- The main “breakout”. Price broke out of the pennant formation on massive volume and moved significantly higher. Its important to not the almost identical sellers climax expreinced by both stocks as shown by the long upper tails on the candles at their highs.
- A period of price pull back on decreasing volume – very typical behavior following significant runs. It looks to me like LWP is still in this phase and may remain so for a little while.
- A period of consolidation with very low volatility and low volume. This is the phase AZK is currently in and LWP will likely enter once the retrace has completed.
- Secondary breakout – the longer phase 5 (consolidation) lasts, the stronger the next move is likely to be. I am hoping both will break out positively but a stop loss below the level of consolidation will protect me from significant losses should the opposite happen.
Hope everyone has a great week.
The Nude Investor
End of Week Portfolio Summary 05/06/15
|Stock||Average Buy In ($)||Weekly Close ($)||Last Weeks Close ($)||Weekly Change||Overall Change (%)|